Friday, July 27, 2012

Floral Green.

Floral Green is the new album set to be released September 18th, 2012, from one of my favorite bands of all time. I've only heard the one track the released off this album so far but from what I've heard and from friends who have already heard the entire album, it's a far step in the other direction from the Title Fight I've grown to love and appreciate.

Title Fight has always had that very raw and pure sense of aggression but at the same time has tangled in a lingering sound of longing and hopefulness. Their first record, No One Stays At The Top Forever, is what instantly had me hooked. The deep, harsh vocals that wretched out just what I was feeling. I'd listen to it over and over. When they came out with Shed last summer, my feelings were no different. Still the same feel as No One Stays At The Top Forever but it felt a bit darker.

Their song released from Floral Green called, Head In The Ceiling Fan, is a total 180 from what we've previously heard from them. It is a way more softer side, but the realness is still there. Maybe now more than it ever was. Head In The Ceiling Fan leads in with a somber and soft intro and then picks up when you're not expecting it. And then it hits you. They're still the same. They're just growing. The soft and elongated vocals paired with the still raw music in the background make up something they haven't touched on yet.

Go here to listen to it. It's definitely worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment